Thursday, March 8, 2018

So i had an epiphany, maybe, I don't know. The point is...

Note: It's way past midnight my time zone and I just had a moment of clarity or maybe I manufactured one, either way, I felt like writing this. Just a heads up, given the time, my sleep deprivation and the use of my cell phone with no auto correct, you'll see a significant amount of spelling mistakes. I'll be sure to fix them tomorrow. For now, just focus on the message


I have decided to expand my content beyond what goes on in the diamond, from now I'll be addressing other topics, anything that peaks my interest really.


A very big "principal" I have in my life is to constantly ask myself why I'm doing this, and if it's something I don't want to be doing, What do I want to instead and why am I not doing that. As it is with pretty much any and all philosophies, a way of living, principals whatever you may call it's easy to dismiss it as being just another cliche.


The thing is it doesn't matter, I'm not here trying to convince you of my beliefs and why you should listen to me, this is not some revolutionary thought, and even if it is, it shouldn't be, there are so many hardships in life so much struggle regardless of who you are that you really should seek what you want to seek.




A quote from a movie I once saw, is very interesting: "It's not stupid if you like it."


That referring to another character's love for comic books.


How many times have you seen someone apologizing for their taste, that goes for music, books, tv shows, movies, food whatever. Liking something that is mocked by society doesn't make you a freak, it makes you you. Truth be told almost everyone does is just that most tend to hide it.


It goes without saying that there is wrong and certain extremities fit that mold, so don't go there and yes you know what I'm talking about.


Something else I'd like to address that it is on this subject, you probably heard by now the whole what you want and what you need are two completely different things. But here's my perspective on the matter.


Physically what we need is food, clean water and oxygen, one of which is free, the other two can fluctuate depending on the location, for someone living in the jungle is free, for an executive staying at the penthouse of the Four Seasons expensive (just not to him, if you put it into perspective). The point is while a lot of people die for not having one of these. For the majority of humans, it's fairly available and you both want and need. Anything else that it is tangible, you want not need.


Now the big part is this, emotionally there is a huge link between what you want and need. Although a lot of people lose sight of this at somepoint, we all want love, irrational crazy yet wonderful love, a soul mate, friendship, soemeone by our side all of that stuff everyone has heard a million times, bound to hear a million more, it's all true, it fulfills you, it makes you a better person, the catch is it leaves you vulnerable, open, exposed, the risk of pain, broken heart is much greater, which drives people away, so many out there are afraid to love for this reason.


It all boils down to taking a chance, the path to happiness goes through love and there is no way around it and to love, to really love like we were meant to, you must take.a chance, give up power and care.


People that give that up, may hold the power emotionally, they may control their relationships, successfully avoid the pain and even appear happy on the surface, but don't mistake happiness with joy. A lot of things bring us joy, the same cannot be said about happiness.


And I end this collection of words keep in mind. Live YOUR life, doing what you want, don't apologize for your taste and there's a great link between what you want and what you need emotionally, and lastly seek Love, forever seek Love.

3 comments: